20040607: CRAFT data

>From: David Fitzgerald <address@hidden>

Dave,

>I just wanted to let you know that I am still not seeing a lot of the radar
>stations in my CRAFT feed.  Right now I am only getting 63 stations,
>unfortunately, none of them are stations near our location (CCX, LWX ,DIX
>etc.)  PSU is not seeing these stations either.  Could you check on this
>again when you have time?

Here is what is going on:  Penn State is feeding CRAFT data from the
Max GigaPop that is hosted on the University of Maryland campus.  The
Max LDM (operated by the NWS) is getting its NEXRAD Level II data
directly from the NWS Regional Headquarters and not through the CRAFT
project at OU.  The only radars currently being sent to the NWS
Regional Headquarters are the ones that have been upgraded to Build 5,
which is currently 63 out of 124.

If you need/want all of the data now, you can feed from
atm.geo.nsf.gov.  Like the machine at Penn State, atm is being fed
CRAFT data from the Max LDM.  Unlike Penn State it is also being fed
CRAFT data from emo.unidata.ucar.edu which is being fed from
thelma.ucar.edu which, in turn, is being fed from the CRAFT machines at
OU.

If you decide to feed CRAFT from atm, we will ask you to change your
feed back to Penn State as more radars are available at the MAX.

>Thanks!!

No worries.

>From address@hidden  Mon Jun  7 14:05:50 2004

Thanks Tom,

I will be feeding from atm for CCX, DIX and LWX only.  (for now, depending
on what faculty want.)  When these are available on MAX, I will be happy to
switch back to PSU.

Dave