20040520: ADDE server for CIMSS products

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Jerry,

A user of the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream pointed out to me a few days
ago that he had not received any CIMSS products for quite some time.  I
verified his observation and found out that the last CIMSS product was
sent on March 6.

In searching for the cause of the failure, I logged onto unidata2 and
started looking at the setup for CIMSS product generation.  The setup
is to do an ADDE transfer from the server suomi.ssec.wisc.edu
(128.104.108.236).  I tried to access the ADDE server on suomi from a
McIDAS session on a machine here at Unidata that always able to access
suomi, but I was unable to get a response.  The same thing is true from
unidata2.

The question now is whether or not sumoi is just not available (and
hasn't been since March 6), or if the CIMSSP dataset is served off a
different machine?

Any insight you can provide on this would be most appreciated.