20040407: Data set descriptions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 8:22 AM -0600
From: Linda Miller <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Data set descriptions

Hi Steve,

It's my understanding that SCD has some detailed descriptions of data sets
(models,
etc).  Unidata is in the process of revising the Web site and we'd like to
include
some solid information on the types of data that are provided via the IDD, etc.
 We
also need improved data descriptions for use in the THREDDS and LEAD projects.

If the data descriptions used by SCD fit within our needs, it would be
wonderful to
be able to leverage what you have already developed, rather than "reinventing
the
wheel."  This leads me to the following questions:

Are you willing to share your data set descriptions with us?

Are they easily attainable?

Where are they?

What is the easiest way to use them (URL links to your descriptions, others)?

Please feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Thanks so much for your help!

Linda

Linda Miller - address@hidden
External Liaison, Unidata