20040202: METAR station K2GL

>From: Celia Chen <address@hidden>

Celia,

>I was asked by one of our users here at RAP about data from METAR station
>K2GL, which came in to AWC via the LDM but we haven't seen it.  The WMO
>header for today's 18z data looks like this:
>
>SAUS20 KNKA0218
>
>Please let me know if you folks has any info on the data from this
>station.

Neither McIDAS nor GEMPAK has K2GL defined in its station tables.
I searched back through 3 days of buoy, front, rad, sao, and syn data
for any occurance of K2GL and found none.

Do you know if the AWC is still getting reports from K2GL?
From whom is the AWC getting an LDM feed of data?

It could be that the AWC has a source of data that contains K2GL, but
this source is not included in the NOAAPORT broadcast of GTS data.  The
IDD relays just the observation data contained in the NOAAPORT
broadcast channels 1-4.

>Thanks.

No worries.

>From address@hidden Wed Feb  4 09:12:54 2004

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. I have also asked my user to find out where AWC gets
the METAR data.  I will let you know when I find out.

Thanks again.

Celia