20031222: McIDAS GOES Floater

>From: Melanie Wetzel <address@hidden>

Hi Melanie,

>  I just added my name to the Floater email list last week.  Could you
>tell me if the floater request procedure is on vacation for the holidays,

It shouldn't be, but there won't be someone there (Millersville University)
minding the store for each day.

>and if there is a way I can request a floater for Jan 4-14, for a field
>class that we have scheduled for Univ of Nevada?

You should send an email to Eric Horst at MU to request the floater
setting:

"Eric J. Horst" <address@hidden>

Also, if the firewall/proxy setup is finalized at DRI, you can get
your own "floater" through ADDE by pointing at the any of the datasets:

GOESEAST
EAST
WEST

All of these datasets are hosted on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.  Here
is the DATALOC invocation to setup access to GOESEAST:

DATALOC ADD GOESEAST unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu

>  Thanks!

No worries.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Dec 23 09:44:37 2003

Thank you very much.
I sent an email to Eric Horst to request a floater for early January.
Paul Neeley has not yet resolved our difficulty with ADDE through our
firewall.