20031119: New System at UNI (cont.)

>From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <address@hidden>

Hi Patrick,

Sorry this note slipped through the cracks until now.

>Things with thunder seem to be going fine.  What I would like to do is to
>get the entirety of HDS, IDS|DDPLUS, FNEXRAD, NNEXRAD, UNIWISC to begin and
>maybe add a few smaller ones as I go.

Sounds reasonable.

>I would rather skip CONDUIT, citing
>disk space issues, though if you wanted us to be a relay node for CONDUIT it
>could be arranged.

Some miscellaneous comments:

- sites that relay CONDUIT should be running on an Operating System where
  they are able to use LDM queues larger than 2 GB.

- we are not in desperate need for additional CONDUIT relay nodes at
  the present time.  This situation may change later

- the CRAFT (NEXRAD Level II) datastream will be increasing in volume and
  popularity as time progresses.  You should be thinking about whether
  or not you will either want to get this data and, if yes, if you have
  the capability of relaying it

>I was hoping to have a short-term data archive online
>for others on the IDD, and not getting CONDUIT would free up alot of space.

I understand.

>Let me know how this sounds, and we can go from there.

Sounds like a good plan.