20030823: NEXRAD 1-KM Composite Data

>From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>

Hi Jim,

>I think that there is a problem with atm.geo.nsf.gov, but only for the
>1KN0R-NAT data. Other composites have been updating.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I found a decoder that had run amok on
that machine that generates the FNEXRAD composites sending the load
average up over 100.  This prevented lots of things from working
correctly.  I took some actions that seem to have stopped the problem
and I am starting to see the 1KN0R-NAT composites being generated
and distributed again.  It may take a little while for things to
return to normal, but I will continue to monitor the situation.

Again, thanks for alerting us to the FNEXRAD problem.

Tom