20030804: SATELLITE CHANGES

>From: Tom Grzelak <address@hidden>

Hi Tom,

>With reference to your email:
>20030718: Proposed changes to the Unidata-Wisconsin IDD datastream
>
>We have no objections to these datastream changes.  Disk space is cheap and
>no one is complaining about bandwidth yet at this university.

Sounds good!

>In fact, we wish we could get the higher resolution visible and IR products
>that RAP has on its site.

You have two options wrt high resolution VIS image products (the IR products
are already being sent out at their max resolution, 4 km):

- the remapped VIS NOAAPORT GINI products in the NIMAGE datastream.  Each
  VIS sector is 26 MB after uncompression, and they are sent every 15 minutes

- McIDAS ADDE access to the original GOES imagery

>Thanks!

Let me know if you are interested in the above options.

Tom Yoksas