20030325: GOES imagery availability for January 2003 (cont.)

>From: "Edward Hindman" <address@hidden>

Ward,

>I found today that the Unidata neartime directory at
>UW/SSEC contains data from 24 Aug 2002 to the present.

Right.

>We
>may need data earlier in the month of August 2002.  Thus,
>can we still e-mail address@hidden and ask them
>to mount, for example, the 20020810 data directory in the
>urequest directory for a couple of days so we could
>download images?

Yes, you can still email them and ask for Unidata-Wisconsin archived
data.  Please be aware that there will likely be a big gap in the
record starting about last June until August 31.  The reason for
the gap is the failure of the original Unidata-Wisconsin archive
machine, and the pressing into service of a low powered machine that
was also acting as a persons workstation.  For the days missing from
the record, you will have to either ask the community if someone
archived it (this is likely) or go through the Data Center page
that I sent you last time and wait for them to fulfill this free
request.

Talk to you later...

Tom