20030128: McIDAS - Linux - Accessing archived Unidata wisconsin data stream

>From: "Arlene Laing" <address@hidden>

Arlene,

>Institution: University of South Florida / Dept. of Geography
>Package Version: 2002
>Operating System: Linux
>Hardware Information: Dell PC
>Inquiry: Some archived data that I requested are ready for download from unida
> ta2.ssec.wisc.edu
>
>I tried to ftp to unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu using the userid XXXXXX and
>password that I had used in previous years but I cannot connect to the server.
>
>Has the password or userid changed?

unidata2 was having some major disk problems the past week, so it is likely
that FTP access was shutdown until the hardware problems were resolved.

>Could you, please, send me the correct information.

I will send off a note to the contact at SSEC to see if the FTP access
can be turned on again.

>I would like to free up their space asap.

???  I don't understand this.

>Thanks,
>Arlene Laing

Tom