20020107: Re: CONDUIT

Hi Glenn,

--On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:15 PM -0500 Glenn Rutledge <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Linda,
I'm considering getting on the CONDUIT feed and serve these up under
NOMADS (the 1st thing I wanted to look at from NOAAPort- it turns out IS
NOT BEING transmitted!  Go figure.

That's always the way it goes.

In a sentence or two, what would it take to go CONDUIT, and how much?

Steve Chiswell is the technical lead for CONDUIT. Of course, we use the address@hidden mail box so all emails can get archived, so future correspondence should go directly to support. CONDUIT is free---does Unidata ever charge for anything??

Thanks in advance.  Glenn
btw -I still hope to go IDD some day.

Gee, I thought you were already on the IDD. You will need to download the latest LDM version, etc., but I'll let support tell you about it.

Are the two mutually
exclusive?

Yes and no. You'll get the typical IDD feed, but you need to be set up with a CONDUIT site for CONDUIT data distribution. Again, I'll let support deal with your questions.

Good luck!

Linda

Linda Miller - address@hidden
External Liaison, Unidata