20020408: WAFS grids on NOAAPORT?

>From: "Batson, Bryan" <address@hidden>

Bryan and Brian,

>Curious. I wonder if the Unidata folks are seeing these grids in their
>feed. Their LDM stuff should have a record of them, I would think.

We have not seen any grib messages originating from KWBK.

  FROM RTH WASHINGTON DATA MANAGEMENT

  DRGAA628 EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE FOLLOWING NCEP GLOBAL
  ENSEMBLE WAFS GRIDS WILL BE ADDED TO THE AWIPS/NOAAPORT
  DATASTREAM TO FACILITATE TESTING OF THE NEXT AWIPS SOFTWARE
  BUILD.

  HTXY25 KWBK -- 250 MB TMP
  HTXY50 KWBK -- 500 MB TMP
  HTXY85 KWBK -- 850 MB TMP
  HHXY25 KWBK -- 250 MB HGT
  HHXY50 KWBK -- 500 MB HGT

Hope that this helps.

Now, as far as anyone understanding XCD decoding of grib messages: I
have been digging into this for the past three weeks, and I have been
finding and fixing bugs as I went along.  I have committed all the
changes I have made in the SSEC CVS system, so they _may_ make the May
7.9 (or whatever they are going to rename it to) upgrade.

If, for some reason, my mods do not make the upgrade, I will be happy
to put together a compressed tar file with the mods for you (and
others) to grab.  Along those lines, I have put together a new gribdec.tar.Z
bundle that contains the mods that I have made.  You can grab this
from passworded FTP as follows:

machine: ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user: umcidas
pass: XXXXXX
directory: unix/gribdec
file: gribdec.tar.Z

If you are familiar with Chad's original gribdec.tar.Z bundle, you should
be aware that I have made some changes:

o the default make action is to build the executables
o if you want to install the built code and data files, you have to
  run 'make install'
o you can either edit Makefile and change the VENDOR= setting to match
  how you want these built (the compilers used, that is), or you can
  specify VENDOR=<vendor setting> on the make command line.  Examples:

  make VENDOR=-vendor                   <- default
  make VENDOR=-gcc                      <- for using gcc/f2c/mcfc
  make VENDOR=-g77                      <- Unidata McIDAS supports use of
                                             gcc/g77

You can use the built code in the directory you unpack it from.  To do
this, make sure to set your MCPATH to include that directory first.

Other parts of the mods include, but are not limited to:

o better processing of error returns of function calls in Mcgribdecoder.c
o updated default grib table A, gbtbpds001.av1
  updated UK Met grib table A, gbtbpds001.a74v1
  new NCAR grib table A, gbtbpds001.a60v1
  new Japan Met Agency grib table A, gbtbpds001.a34v1
o updated grib table B, gbtbpds001.bv1
o and more...

Later...

Tom