20020322: MRF being phased out

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

Christian,

>I just read again that MRF will be phased out.
>So, what will we receive through LDM?

For awhile we will receive grid from the AVN model labeled as MRFs.
After some period (determined by the NWS, not Unidata), those will
be discontinued leaving us with the AVN grids.

>I would want to know which AVN grids will be send out in details (horizontal
>resolution, coverage, forecast hours, pqact.conf requests to get them) so that
>I can migrate all my MRF-related jobs to the AVN after the switch at the end of
>April.

You should make sure to read the notices being sent in the nws-changes
email list where we pass along administrative notices that deal with
such things.  If you are not already subscribed to the nws-changes list,
you should subscribe soon so you will not miss any of the notices.

>Thanks,
>Christian Page
>address@hidden    http://meteocentre.com/
>
>Agent de recherche et de planification +1 514 987 3000 ext. 2376
>Departement des Sciences de la Terre et de l'Atmosphere UQAM

Tom Yoksas