20020304: hosting ADDE access to Unidata NEXRAD composite imagery (cont.)

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

re: setting up ingest/decode/serving of NEXRAD composite imagery

>I forget to mention my ingest machine is cirrus.al.noaa.gov.  If you
>need to add new feed, you need to make the change in cirrus.

I logged onto your systems and made the necessary changes:

on cirrus:

o ingest NMC3 feed from thelma.ucar.edu (cirrus must not be running the
  latest LDM since it doesn't understand FNEXRAD as a valid feed)

on cumulus:

o cumulus was already setup to ingest anything from cirrus.  It was
  also already setup to ingest all of NIMAGE from motherlode.ucar.edu.
  This provided for the ingest of the 1 km NEXRAD N0R composite images.

o decode of the 6 km national, 1 km regional floater, and 10 km RCM
  composite images from the FNEXRAD feed (cumulus is running LDM 5.1.4
  since it does recognize FNEXRAD as a valid feed type)

o setup ADDE logging by adding 'ADDE_LOGGING=YES' and 'export ADDE_LOGGING'
  to ~mcidas/.mcenv

o setup rotation of ~ldm/logs/SERVER.LOG in 'ldm's crontab file

o updated 7.804 with the latest mods to the GINI ADDE server; this was
  needed in order to serve the 1 km NEXRAD N0R composite GINI images.
  I also included the BREF24.ET, BREF24.ST, and some other support files
  that are used by the MCGUI to load the various NEXRAD composite images

The scouring of the pnga2area-producted images in McIDAS AREA format
by ~ldm/util/prune_mcidas.csh and the readpng-produced GINI files by
~ldm/util/prune_gini.csh will automatically take care of the new images
that are now being stored on your system.  For reference, the
new files are being put in:

~ldm/data/sat/gini/RADAR       <- 1 km N0R national composites
~ldm/data/sat/mcidas/NEXRCOMP  <- 6 km national, 1 km floater, and 10 km
                                  RCM composites

ADDE serving of all of the composites was setup by adding the appropriate
lines to the ~mcidas/solaris/workdata/RESOLV.SRV file.  I have tested
list and display of all of these images from a McIDAS session running
on my machine here at Unidata.  Everything looks good so far!

Please let me know if you seen anything amiss.

Tom