Re: 20011207: new Unidata-Wisconsin machine shipped (cont.)

Hello Mike,
We are working on getting the Sun put together and we noticed
that for the RAids there is only one rack mount kit.  Should there
have been two?

>From address@hidden Tue Feb 12 10:16:24 2002

Couple more things.  Noise is a major problem in the computer room as I
have staff who are in there at all times.  We just brought up the SUN
to see how noisy it is so we can decide on its placement but now we
need the password to shut it down.

Also does this machine have a maintenance contract?
Dee

--
Dee Wade
McIDAS User Services and SSEC Data Center

Web: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mug         http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter

>From address@hidden Thu Feb 14 12:24:59 2002
>Subject: Re: 20011207: new Unidata-Wisconsin machine shipped (cont.)

Dee,

I've ordered the rackmount kit from Sun to be expedited to the Data Center.
The lead time on this is 5 days plus shipping.  You could set it on top of
the other T3 temporarily if you want to keep moving (I did that here).

On Feb 12, 11:08am, Dee Wade wrote:
> Subject: Re: 20011207: new Unidata-Wisconsin machine shipped (cont.)
> Hello Mike,
> We are working on getting the Sun put together and we noticed
> that for the RAids there is only one rack mount kit.  Should there
> have been two?
>
> Dee

I believe Tom supplied the root password, but I wanted to let you know
we have a multi-year 24x7 hardware/answer center support contract on that
system from Sun (1-800-USA-4SUN) based on the E450 serial number.

On Feb 12, 11:15am, Dee Wade wrote:
> Subject: Re: 20011207: new Unidata-Wisconsin machine shipped (cont.)
> Couple more things.
> Noise is a major problem in the computer room as I have staff who are in
> there at all times.
> We just brought up the SUN to see how noisy it is so we can decide on its
> placement but now we need the password to shut it down.
>
> Also does this machine have a maintenance contract?
> Dee

mike

>From address@hidden Thu Feb 14 12:31:44 2002

Mike cancel the order!

It ended up that the rack mount would not fit into our racks
without major reworking so we actually mounted the RAIDS
on boards that are on sliders and it works fine.

Sorry I didn't get back to you.
I didn't expect you to rush out and order a new one.
Dee