20011207: NIDS Data

>From:  Jim Koermer <address@hidden>

Jim,

>My new server (pscwx.plymouth.edu) seems to have finally settled down.
>No drive problems for the last month or so. I am now having all 17
>NEXRAD products from our NOAAPORT system sent to the server and plan to
>keep the data around on it for about a week, before deletion.
>
>If you would like to set up these data for ADDE, it's fine with me. They
>are located in /huge/nids with a directory for each of the 154 sites. I
>haven't change the access--it's the same as before.

Previously, I replied that I would be setting up ADDE access to pscwx
NEXRAD products.  I finally got the time to do the setup yesterday.
The hold up was me getting my 7.804 addendum to Unidata McIDAS packaged
and released.

So, the ADDE remote server setup on pscwx is now working for your one
week store of NEXRAD data AND the same GINI data that is available from
snow.

One thing I do not see on pscwx, however, is any of the data that you
are receiving in the Unidata-Wisconsin broadcast.  Are you planning on
making this data visible on pscwx?  If so, one will be able to view
those holdings through the same ADDE setup currently working for the
NEXRAD and GINI data.

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Cheers...

>From address@hidden Mon Dec 24 15:09:02 2001

Tom,

Thanks for setting up the ADDE on pscwx. At this time, I'm not sure
about other data because the server just started giving us more
problems last week. It apparently gets to a state where it can't find
its own disks and basically get hung. The only way to correct it is a
cold boot and that usually only lasts for a day or two. My IT repair
folks and DELL are looking into the problem, but I'm beginning to think
that this machine is a lemon.  There are several other, nearly
identical machines on campus that have no problems whatsoever.

I think the machine is hung again as I can't access the datat from the
DC area where I'm spending the week.

Happy Holidays!

Jim