20011126: backup gem files

>From: Tom Priddy <address@hidden>

Tom,

>Do you keep a backup of today gempak files in .gem format. I sometimes
>miss the model data and can no longer use
>ftp://ftp.rap.ucar.edu/pub/weather/gempak/data/
>as a backup......the data is no longer available there.
>
>If so please send me the url. Thanks.

Check out:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/

and walk the URL tree to see if you can find what you need.

Cheers!

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Tue Nov 27 12:22:11 2001

Tom,

>Thanks, Tom. Do I need to be on a .edu machine to gain access?
>I tried...but I was prompted for a password.

Oops.  Use: lotzodata

You may also have to hold down the shift key when selecting a data file.
This will force the transfer of the file instead of the display of the
file's contents on the screen.

Tom