20011101: ADDITION OF RADAR PRODUCTS TO NOAAPORT

>From: "Hoeth, Brian" <address@hidden>

Brian,

Previously you wrote:

>Oops, I should have given you more specifics on what I meant by "We're not
>seeing them".  I did NOT mean that we weren't seeing the new RADAR data for
>MRX in our AWIPS.
>
>I am talking about a non-AWIPS ingest system for NOAAPORT.  It's a broadcast
>of NWSTG NOAAPort data via a McIDAS SDI (SSEC Desktop Ingestor).
>
>MUG/UNIDATA:  Are you guys NOT seeing the new RADAR data for MRX (see
>attachment) ???  (For example, I see no record of it in the NEXRAD/BREF2
>dataset??)

Unidata _is_ seeing all of the new products for MRX.  You have to remember
that the new products are/will not be just coming in with SDUS5* headers;
they can have SDUS2*, SDUS3*, SDUS5*, and SDUS7* headers.

Tom

>Brian Hoeth
>Johnson Space Center
>Consolidated Space Operations Contract
>Office: 281-218-2240
>Pager: 281-613-1020
>address@hidden

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Thu Nov  1 11:42:26 2001
>To: "Hoeth Brian" <address@hidden>
>CC: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>,
>   "'David. Helms (E-mail)" <address@hidden>,
>   John Simensky <address@hidden>,
>   "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>,
>   "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: FW: ADDITION OF RADAR PRODUCTS TO NOAAPORT

Brian,

All I can say is that they are coming in.  You need to follow up with the
provider of your non-AWIPS NOAAPORT system to determine why you are not seeing
them.

Vico

"Hoeth, Brian" wrote:

> Vico,
>
> Oops, I should have given you more specifics on what I meant by "We're not
> seeing them".  I did NOT mean that we weren't seeing the new RADAR data for
> MRX in our AWIPS.
>
> I am talking about a non-AWIPS ingest system for NOAAPORT.  It's a broadcast
> of NWSTG NOAAPort data via a McIDAS SDI (SSEC Desktop Ingestor).
>
> MUG/UNIDATA:  Are you guys NOT seeing the new RADAR data for MRX (see
> attachment) ???  (For example, I see no record of it in the NEXRAD/BREF2
> dataset??)
>
> Brian Hoeth
> Johnson Space Center
> Consolidated Space Operations Contract
> Office: 281-218-2240
> Pager: 281-613-1020
> address@hidden

Tom,

Okay, how does the DMNEXR program know which WMO headers to look for??

I did some quick searching in the dmnexr.pgm code, but couldn't find the
answer?  I don't see anything in NEXRFILE.CFG or NEXRID.CFG that jumps out
at me either?

Brian Hoeth
Sustaining S/W Engineering, Lockheed Martin

-----
>From:      McIDAS Help Desk <address@hidden>

Brian,
You're not seeing the products because the McIDAS-XCD filer needs to be
modified to accommodate the header changes (since the products now have
headers other than SDUS5*). Jerry and Russ updated the filer on our test
machine today, and it's filing the BREF2, BREF248, BREF3, BREF4, BVEL2
and PRECIP1 products for MRX. But it's not filing them for SRVEL2,
SRVEL3, SRVEL4 and TOPS at the current time. We believe we're not
getting those four products because they're issued only when the radar
is in precip mode (and it looks like MRX has been in clear-air mode most
of the day).

It is filing something for VAD, but we can't list it correctly at the
current time (an IMGLIST shows zeroes for day and time, and DERIVED in
the Satellite/Sensor field).

Once we get the filer tested and we believe it's working correctly, we
will issue an addendum for -XCD sites. I would hope that would be
sometime next week.

Thanks,
Barry Roth
McIDAS Help Desk