20010918: McIDAS ADDE: no surface data?

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

Chrisitan,

>I don't have any surface data using ADDE since around 22Z. I am feeding off
>adde.ucar.edu. Anybody has the samething?

I followed up your message with a check on ADDE processes on
adde.ucar.edu.  I found that some other processes on the machine (not
related to McIDAS) had apparently run amok to the point that there was
not enough shared memory for McIDAS-XCD decoders to run.  This is why
there has been no surface or upper air data decoded since around 22Z
yesterday.

You should change your ADDE DATALOCation for RTPTSRC data to another of
the cooperating servers:

papagayo.unl.edu
stratus.al.noaa.gov

As a reminder, the McIDAS command for changing the DATALOCation is:

DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC cooperating_host_name

for instance:

DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC papagayo.unl.edu

I will let you know when adde.ucar.edu is once again decoding data
correctly.

Tom