20010917: problem with NIDS selection via WSI (cont.)

>From: Eric Horst <address@hidden>

Eric,

>Hummm... I have tried numerous time this morning (and just 10 seconds ago) and
>I can not get into the wsicorp site.

Weird.  I just forced a reload from here and had no problems.  I will
try another, temporary machine and see what happens from there...

No problem from the other machine either.

>I don't know if that means we are somehow "locked out" or maybe something is
>wrong on our end. I'll have to see what Dave Fitzgerald has to say about this.

Do you have any problems going to www.uni.wsicorp.com?  How about
www.wsicorp.com?  If you have problems with either of these, you may want
to blast off a note to:

address@hidden

This address is listed at the bottom of the www.uni.wsicorp.com page.

>What's most strange is that we do intermittantly get into the WSI site. One
>day we are "in" the next day "unable to connect"...
>
>Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Not really.  It could be that there is an access control list at WSI
for the floater selection page, and it contains an old or otherwise
invalid entry for Millersville.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Sep 17 12:59:04 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010917: problem with NIDS selection via WSI (cont.)

Tom:

Strange. I just now am able to get in... But an hour ago, day ago, week ago,
I could not!

Tomorrow could be a different story. :)

I'll keep you posted as to what happens...

Thanks for the help.
Regards,

>From address@hidden Wed Sep 19 07:17:44 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010917: problem with NIDS selection via WSI (cont.)

Good Morning Tom:

Seems the problem has been corrected w/r to entering the NIDS sites. For some
reason our DNS server would not recognize "www.uni.wsicorp.com" but it will
access "uni.wsicorp.com". So we are back into the admin, sans the "www"...

Thanks for your help on this.

Best,
Eric