20010830: GMS-5 Mcidas data (fwd)

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Owen,

Now this is a quick response to an email :-)

>Thank you for looking into the GMS-5 data availability at ABoM.

No problem.

>I suppose I don't really need the data until March 2002, but it would be
>nice to go ahead and see if it works. That way I'll have enough time to
>try and get the data from another source if the link to Australia doesn't
>suffice

Good planning.

>( I guess I'm worried about data gaps being more frequent if we
>have to conenct to a server on the other side of the planet....any reason
>to be concerned about this?).

Actually, yes.  I just tried to contact the server down at the BoM and
it is not there (at least, I can't get to it through ADDE and can't find
it through a traceroute).  This occasionally happens, and at other times
we get very good connections for an extended period of time.

>So if you can get the link established in the next week or so that would
>be great. Please let me know when it is ready and I will test it out.

I will let you know when I can get something working.  Which band(s) are
you interested in?

>Thanks again,

Later...

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Aug 30 17:09:10 2001
>Subject: Re: 20010830: GMS-5 Mcidas data (fwd)

Hi Tom,

I would like to have the IR and WV imagery from GMS-5.
In case you were wondering SSEC will charge approx. $3000 for one month of
access to these hourly data.

Owen

Owen Cooper
National Research Council Associate