Re: 20010510: Seakeepers Data

Linda,

It sounds like you found the right dataset: thanks!  I will have Ed Kearns
get the appropriate requests off to Julie Hayes ASAP.

We will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again for your help.

Otis

|-----Linda Miller wrote on Thu May 10 09:31:08 2001 -----

|Hi Otis,
|
|I've got information for you and I hope it is in reference to the same dataset
|that you were discussing yesterday.
|
|Walter Smith, (301) 713-0864 x 139 at NWS, Silver Spring, said he had talked
|with Dr. Kerns (sp?) at the University of Miami who was asking about making
the
|Seakeepers dataset available.  Hopefully you know him.  Anyway, the Seakeepers
|data are now being routed to NCEP (in Camp Springs) from the NWSTG (in Silver
|Spring) and to the National Data Buoy Center (Stennis Space Center
|Mississippi).  The WMO headers are:
|
|SMVX80KWUM
|SOVX80KWUM
|
|What is needed now is a request to make the data available through NOAAPORT
and
|the NWSTG.  That request indicating the data type with the WMO headers should
|be made to:
|
|Julie Hayes
|NWS HQTR  Route:  W/OPS32
|BLDG: SSMC2  RM: 5322
|1325 EAST WEST HWY
|SILVER SPRING MD 20910-3283
|PH: (301)713-0864 x120
|Internet Address: address@hidden
|
|An email request should be sufficient.  In this case, I think I would cc
Walter
|Smith.  The way this works is Julie receives the request and she informs
Walter

--
   Otis Brown
   Rosenstiel School-Univ. of Miami       e-mail:     address@hidden