20010418: New NEXRAD products

>From:  Russ Dengel <address@hidden>

Russ,

Sorry I didn't answer yesterday, but I was out skiing (last ski day
of the year for me; the resorts close on Sunday) :-)

>Have you noticed any new NEXRAD products over the past few
>days. We are not receiving the products as advertised.

The addition of new products a couple (three?) weeks back was a test
to see what would happen at the NWS sites.  The test is apparently
over.  I believe that there was a note sent out to the nws-changes
email list that we maintain to the effect that addition of the new
products was being held up until a couple of things could be worked
out.  Since virtually all notes sent to nws-changes are bulletins
in the NOAAPORT broadcast, this announcement was as public as the
NWS gets about such things.

The current list of products we seem to be getting for the great majority
of NEXRAD sites is:

N0R/  NCR/  NTP/  N0V/  NVL/  N0S/