20010330: NOAAPORT SDI card replacement

>From: Denise Laitsch <address@hidden>

Denise,

>We sent a replacement SDI card to you via Fedex, yesterday. It is
>important to note that this is a completely new card.
>
>The card sent to us from LSU has gone through some preliminary testing
>here and has not demonstrated any errors. I think you'd mentioned that
>the error you reported happened after several days of operation, so we
>will wait to see what transpires.
>
>Please let us know how the new card performs as it is too soon to know
>if the SDI card caused the failure.

Thanks for the quick action.  We will keep in touch with Bob regarding
the replacement SDI card operation.

It strikes me that if failures continue with the new card, then the
problem must be in the PC's PCI bus.  If this turns out to be the
problem, we will try moving the card to the other bus mastering PCI
slot.  If that works it would seem that the original card should be
sent back to LSU, and the new one returned to you.

>Kind regards,
>Denise

Tom Yoksas