20010327: NOAAPORT regional floaters; WSI floaters

>From: "Eric J. Horst" <address@hidden>

Eric,

>Hope you are doing well and enjoy spring on the front
>range. Unfortunately, Mother Nature is still doing her best imitation of
>winter here in PA...

The weather here has been pretty nice.  We are finally getting some
much needed precipitation, but the water reserve in the snow pack
is still way below "normal".

>Thought I'd check in to see the status of the UNIDATA regional
>floater. Any idea when it will be activated?

There is no timeline for this yet.

>Also, I wondering if the 3
>WSI floaters are at some point "going away" since the NOAAport floaters
>sites are now active?

At some point, these will go away, but the time is not now.  There are
still several Unidata sites subscribed to WSI for the floater products.
As soon as their contracts expire, or as soon as the NOAAPORT broadcast
can completely replace what they are receiving, we will sunset the
WSI floaters.

>Thanks!

Talk to you later...

Tom