Problem with primary GOES-West ingestor today - 12/27

We had a problem on our primary GOES West ingestor  (dataset WESTL).
The machine hung at approximately 0600 UTC, today, Jday 362. We
booted that machine and it is back up and running. We are looking into
what
may have caused the machine to hang.

We have temporarily switched to the backup server to allow access to
some
of the data that was missed on the primary ingestor during the downtime.

Until we switch back, the WESTL (WESTL.SSEC.WISC.EDU) loop will
be shorter than normal.  No action on users' part is necessary.

We will send notification when and we've  switched back to the primary
GOES
West server.

--
SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden