20001218: WSI data feed (fwd)

>From:  Linda Miller <address@hidden>

Linda,

>I thought you should know that Richard Chinman has been communicating with
>several groups within UCAR/NCAR to see if they wanted to continue the WSI
>service.  As noted below, there has been interest among some of the groups to
>continue various services, e.g, the NOWAD mosaic.  I'm forwarding this note to
>you as a last chance for Unidata to contribute toward the service.  Do we need
>the data for anything?

The Unidata Program Center (i.e., us) doesn't need the data _unless_ we
could strike a deal with WSI that would allow us to distribute it to our
users (IDD, ADDE, DODS(?)).  I am sure that this question has not formerly
been asked of WSI (Maria P.), but perhaps it should be.

The things of interest would be:

o if they would even consider the idea (not likely)
o how much it would cost (lots)

Tom