20000918: imagery data to NWSNTC

>From: address@hidden

Donna,

>We have received a request from the National Weather Service Training
>Center in Kansas City to allow them to ftp McIdas satellite data from our
>computers.  We have no objections to this and I just wanted to check
>and make sure that this is OK for us to do.

Yes, this is absolutely OK.

>I would think the National
>Training Center would have no problem acquiring satelite data but
>apparently that is not the case.

Right!

You'd think that they would have direct access to the GINI imagery that
is in NOAAPORT.  If their objective is to use McIDAS and they only have
GINI imagery, then my GINI ADDE server additions to McIDAS might
interest them.  Please let me know if this is the case, and I will make
that code available to the appropriate person(s).

>Donna Tucker                      http://chinook.phsx.ukans.edu/tucker.html
>address@hidden      Department of Physics and Astronomy
>(785) 864-4738 (new area code!)    University of Kansas
>(785) 864-5262 (fax)               Lawrence, KS  66045-2151

Tom Yoksas