20000831: IDD use and NOAAPORT downlink at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO)

Ben and Linda,

Support received the following note from Brendon Hoch of Lamont-Doherty
Earth Observatory (LDEO) of Columbia University.  This is very timely
given your upcoming trip to LDEO.

Please note the offer of LDEO acting as an IDD top level tier after
they have purchased and installed a NOAAPORT reception system.  Also,
since not just any NOAAPORT reception system can "plug-n-play" with the
IDD (the MD5 checksum issue; the repackaging of data into feeds that
look like the old FOS, etc.), it would be a very good idea for us to
get our input into their purchase decision before they cut any POs IF
we want them to act as a new IDD injection site.

Tom