20000711: notice of impending IP change on motherlode (adde.ucar.edu)

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you a heads-up on an IP change that will be made
to motherlode.ucar.edu (also know as adde.ucar.edu).  Some time fairly
soon, this machine will be moved to a new network in UCAR.  With this
move will be an IP change, so you will have to adjust any/all actions
you have that address motherlode (IDD feeds, ADDE service).

For IDD feed:

  When the change is made it might be a good idea to switch to requesting
  data from the machine's new IP address (which I don't yet have; sorry)
  since it will take some time for name servers around the net to update.

For ADDE service:

  When the net name servers have been updated, all that will be needed
  is a reissuance of:

  DATALOC ADD RTGINI adde.ucar.edu

  Before the name servers have been updated, one would have to specify
  the ADDE DATALOC using the machine's IP address.

I will be sending out a follow-up notice as soon as I know what the
new IP address will be and when the change will be made.

Again, this note is only a heads-up.

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Wed Jul 12 18:04:50 2000
>Subject: Re: 20000707: ADDE server change for RTGINI imagery

Forgot..yes I understand about the IP change.

Thanks,
Robert