20000707: navigation problems with GINI GOES sounder products (cont.)

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Curtis,

Right after I got your voicemail I checked the latest GINI GOES sounder
products we are getting through NOAAPORT.  The navigation in these images
looks good!  Thanks for the quick action!!

By the way, in the future should I send notifications like this to you
or should I continue to send them to Barb Hickman (or perhaps a help
desk)?  Anything that would speed the trouble ticket process would be
most appreciated (I'll need the correct email address).

One last comment: it is a "crime" that AWIPS doesn't read the header
information in the GINI images.  This shortcut forces the installation
of a new AWIPS build on the forecast offices in order to be able to
display images with new, unsupported navigations.  From my naive
perspective, it would sure seem simple to change the AWIPS code to
read the header blocks.  I guess that is enough ranting and raving
for today :-)

Thanks again for quick response in fixing the navigation parameters!

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Tue Jul 11 07:28:52 2000
>Subject: [GWI] Ticket number: HDEK-4LY8PF for  has been closed

Your Incident ticket is considered closed.  If you think the problem still
exists please call the help desk.

Ticket number HDEK-4LY8PF has been closed.

Ticket is for Tom Yoksas, phone number 303-497-8644, email
address@hidden.

The incident is described as:
AWIPS header navigation values for the new GOES sounder products are
incorrect.