20000706: Archive GOES data access

>From: Jason Allard <address@hidden>

Jason,

>I'm writing in order to figure out how to request GOES data.
>A fellow grad student here at penn state that has obtained data
>from you in the past (Jimmy Adegoke) indicated to me that I
>would need to obtain a password from you so that I can access
>data that I request.

Right.  You should be able to get the access information from the
Penn State point-of-contact for Unidata-related things: Art Person.
I hope you can appreciate that it is not in the community's best
interest to start giving out password information to everyone
that requests it.

>Could you please inform me as to the correct process for obtaining data.

I can point you to our web page that discusses access to this information:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

You will need to contact Art ("Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>)
for the user name and password information.

>Thank you,
>
>Jason Allard
>Department of Geography
>302 Walker Building