20000706: ADDE server change for RTGINI imagery

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Robert,

Back in the middle of June, you asked:

 >I am creating Texas VIS/IR images every 15 minutes for internal
 >passworded protected use for briefings this summer from
 >adde.unidata.ucar.edu.  Is this acceptable?

and I responded:

 Yup, perfectly.  By the way, there is no restriction on the GINI imagery,
 so having the images password protected is not required (from this end
 at least).

 Glad to hear it.  I will be asking you and Gilbert (another
 every-15-minute ADDE user) to be switching to a different machine in the
 near future.  I will let you know when the move should be made.

The time has come for the switch.  Please aim your ADDE RTGINI requests
at adde.ucar.edu instead of adde.unidata.ucar.edu.  I think that you
will find that the access to adde.ucar.edu (an alias for its real name,
motherlode.ucar.edu) is much faster than to adde.unidata.ucar.edu.  I
switched Gilbert to adde.ucar.edu last week, and he seems pretty
happy.  By the way, we are keeping about 500 of each kind of GINI
product on the server, so it is pretty easy to get imagery that is a
few days old.

We will also be keeping 9 days worth of decoded McIDAS point source
(RTPTSRC) and GRID (RTGRIDS) data, so you can access this machine when
your data reception is less than optimal.  And, we will be keeping a
good number (undetermined just yet) of Unidata-Wisconsin images
(RTIMAGES) on this machine (right now there are only 10 of each).  FYI,
motherlode is running an early release of Unidata McIDAS-X 7.70.

Please let me know what you think about ADDE service on the new
box and if you have any problems/comments.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Jul  6 13:17:12 2000
>Subject: Re: 20000706: ADDE server change for RTGINI imagery

That is great Tom, I will switch over first thing in the AM.

Thanks,
Robert