20000628: adding data stream?

>From: Juying Xie Warner <address@hidden>

Juying,

>I'd like to get an insight on how to add data streams through UNIDATA.
>We are currently considering writing MOPITT L1 radiance and L2
>products to McIDAS format.  Eventually MOPITT data will be
>processed in NASA/DAAC, and we are wondering if it's possible
>to distribute the data through UNIDATA to McIDAS users.

These kinds of products seem like they would be very useful to Unidata
participants.  I am sure that we can work out a mechanism by which they
can be distributed in our Internet Data Distribution system.

>Or should we, or other individual groups, get the data from DAAC
>and write to McIDAS format and provide it to people who need it?

This could be done also.  The really nice thing about the IDD is that
it is quite easy to establish a new data injection node where products
can be fanned out to interested participants.

>I'm looking forward to hearing from you on this.  Thank you.

You are welcome.  It would be useful for us to:

o get a good overview of the products you mentioned along with examples

o get an estimate of the size of the products and the frequency of
  their generation

o anything else that you would consider to be pertinent.

>Regards,
>Juying
>Juying Xie Warner
>NCAR/ACD                                Voice: (303)497-2914
>P. O. Box 3000                          Fax:   (303)497-2920
>Boulder, CO 80307                       Email: address@hidden

Tom Yoksas