20000303: request for representative sizes of GOES imagery files (cont.)

>From: Dee Wade <address@hidden>

Dee,

>If you wouldn't mind I'd like to see the announcement before it goes out.

OK.  I will send you something on Monday.  I was out of the office
on Friday (skiing no less :-), so that is why I couldn't respond to you
yesterday.

>I will get back to you about if we have any concerns about your having
>root on the Unidata machine.

I understand.  I feel obligated to let you know that my position is if
we purchase the machine with our program funds, then we should control
it.  This is only reasonable after all.  We will, of course, not do
things that compromise security at SSEC, and we will work with whoever
at SSEC to insure that the machine is not a drain on SSEC resources.

>I can see pro & cons so I will want to talk to our sys adm and
>Chad about it.

OK, thanks.

>WIll get back to you.

I will get back to you on Monday.