20000129: DMSP IR/VIS Smoothand Fine data; NOAA data; GOES data

>From: address@hidden

Boniface,

>I am a graduate student at University of Nebraska at Lincoln
>interested in obtaining the above DMSP, NOAA and GOES imagery for my
>research. The seasonal time period and areal extent I need is as follows:
>
>Seasonal Time Period: October-April
>Areal Extent: 30N to 65N by 140W to 180W (North Pacific)
>Years: 1987 thru 1999
>
>Please inform me how to obtain this data and cost.

Unidata does not archive any kind of data, nor would we have primary
access to DMSP or NOAA polar orbiter data.

As far as GOES data is concerned, there is an archive of GOES imagery
that was broadcast in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream at the SSEC of
the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  The archive was begun in 1991,
so for the period prior to that you will have to look elsewhere.
To request data from the archive, you should review the information
contained in:

Unidata Home Page
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
  Access to Archived Data
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/recovery.html
    Unidata-Wisconsin Archive
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

We will provide the user name and password to the FTP area if/when you
make a request to the SSEC data center for GOES imagery.

As far as DMSP and NOAA data goes, I suggest that you look through the:

Satellite Active Archive
http://www.saa.noaa.gov/

You can Enter as a New User through this page and, after signing up, order
a variety of DMSP and NOAA polar orbiter satellite data.

The other place you should check out is:

National Climatic Data Center
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov

Web searches (I used Lycos) on either both "satellite active archive" or
"ncdc" will get you a number of useful URLs.

>Sincerely,
>Boniface J. Mills
>address@hidden or address@hidden

Tom Yoksas