20000203: Data request for USF Geography

>From: "Laing, Arlene" <address@hidden>

Arlene,

>I cc you on the request because of information on the archive data
>information page.
>
>"The archive is available to licensed Unidata sites through a passworded
>account on unidata.ssec.wisc.edu. ...
>For further details on how to access the archive machine (username and
>password), please contact Unidata User Support
><address@hidden>. This service is for licensed Unidata sites
>only...."
>
>I assumed that the account id and password would be granted by you guys once
>the data was put onto the ftp site.

OK, I just wanted to make sure that you weren't looking for things that
wouldn't be in the Unidata-Wisconsin archive.

>P.S.
>I have subscribed to the needdata and community mailing lists. Since I need
>20 days of data from almost two year ago, I figured that it was best to make
>a request from the archive rather than placing a message on the needdata
>list.

OK.  My fault for not checking the membership of this list before sending
the information.  (I must add, however, that sending the information along
may be beneficial to other sites that review this support transaction in
the future).

>From address@hidden  Thu Feb  3 12:03:40 2000
>Tom:

>The archive data is now ready for me to ftp.  How do I get into
>unidata.ssec.wisc.edu?

The information you need is:

machine: unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
user: XXXXXX
pass: XXXXXX
directory: neartime        <- recent data not loaded on demand
           urequest        <- historic data loaded on demand

>Thanks,

Later...

Tom

>From address@hidden  Thu Feb  3 12:43:11 2000