20000128: access to UI archived data (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Donna,

>Well I still have not heard back from anyone at uiuc concerning
>the password for the account to archived data for HRS.

I am sorry to hear that.  I wish I had gotten your message a little
earlier, since a UI professor was here for the Policy Committee meeting
and he could have helped out.

>I did send
>another message and I did explain that we had lost data due to
>transitioning our data ingestion from one machine to another.  My
>concern is that the archive is only for seven days and it will no
>longer contain data in which we are interested.  Will they give out
>a password over the telephone?

I am sure that they will since this is more secure than sending it by
email.

>Is there someone I can call?

I looked up Dave W's telephone number from the IDD site contact web
page accessible at:

Unidata Homepage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  IDD
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd
    Current Operational Status
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/iddgeneral.html#status
      IDD site contact list
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelist.html

His number is:  217-333-8390

Try giving him a call.  If he is not available for some reason, try
asking whoever you do contact there for the user name and password.

I would send you the user name and password myself, but nobody here
knows them; sorry.

By the way, just how old is the data you are looking for?  It is
possible that if it is only a few days old that we may be able to help
you out.

Tom