19991201: Profiler data

>From: address@hidden

Hongming,

>I want to know where can get the profiler data. From the web page, I know
>you can get the real-time profile data. Could you tell me the source of
>these real-time profiler data?

The Forecast Systems Lab (FSL) of NOAA provides us realtime hourly and
6-minute profiler data by LDM-to-LDM transfer to a toplevel IDD node.
The data is then fanned out to the rest of the community using our
IDD.

The best place to start getting information on how you can get this
data is the FSL WWW homepage:

http://www.fsl.noaa.gov

The <data> link will take you to a page that lists:

NOAA Profiler Network Real-Time Data Display

that includes a link to their Demonstration Division:

http://www-dd.fsl.noaa.gov/online.html

On this page is a link that allows you to download profiler data.

>Thanks,

You are welcome.

>Hongming Qi

Tom Yoksas