19990708: Unidata-Wisconsin archive machine login problem

>From: address@hidden

Jimmy,

>Thanks Tom for the info on how to read GOES data using McIDAS. I tried
>login unto unidata.ssec.wisc.edu using the user ID and password you
>provided below and it won't let me in. I did get on the machine on tuesday
>using the same login info though. Pls help.

The 'unidata.ssec' machine is undergoing an OS upgrade and will not be
available for a few days.  I was under the impression that gold.ssec
was going to take over the archive duties while unidata.ssec was out
of action, but I too was unable to get onto either.  I will jingle
SSEC about this to see if we need to wait or if this a simple configuration
snafu.

>Thanks, Jimmy.

You are welcome.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Thu Jul  8 12:43:28 1999

Yep. Simple config snafu. You should be able to get in again. Sorry about the
problems.

-Chad

--
Chad W. Johnson                           E-mail: address@hidden
Programmer/Meteorologist                  Voice: (608) 265-5292