19990630: Upcoming Unidata-Wisconsin datastream changes (final)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I was just wondering, is it known yet if there will be an
>increase in other types of data in the Wisconsin
>feed (like satellite imagery) in the future now
>that some bandwidth has been freed?

It is our intention to augment the satellite imagery in the UW stream
at some point in the not too distant future.  We are working on a
couple of different ways of doing this, or by giving users alternate
modes of accessing more imagery data.

What I mean by this is that I am involved in a couple of imitiatives
that will eventually result in Unidata McIDAS users being able to get
access to the GINI formatted imagery in NOAAPORT (both channels 1
(GOES-East) and 2 (GOES-West), and imagery in TeraScan (tm) GOES-East
and West data from UCAR/JOSS.  The GINI imagery is remapped into
Lambert Conformal and Mercator projections; the TeraScan imagery is in
original GOES projections.  The really nice thing about both of these
datasets is that there is higher resolution (both temporal and spatial
(like 1 km VIS)) data in both sets and there is sounder data.

>Thanka

Later...

Tom