Re: 19990222: GOES Sounder CAPE products (cont.)

Tom:

Unidata Support wrote:

> We (Linda and I) are in the process of getting ready for the upcoming
> User Committee meeting, and we would like to get some idea of the
> products that could be made available and who we should contact to get
> the ball rolling.  Any ideas?

The following products will be available hourly in 'area' format
(we will also be making them available in netCDF format for NWS,
but only in two projections/regions):

Cloud Top Pressure
Effective Cloud Amount
Lifted Index
Precipitable water
CAPE
Skin temperature

All these are currently available for the Atlantic, East US, West
US, and Pacific areas, and could be added to the feed (or another
feed if you want).  The programmer is working with NWS to get
their needs met, but is leaving a hook to allow the 'area' files
to be available, too.  We expect to be testing with NWS this and
next week to get the feeds in place.

These "images" are 222x192, one-byte.

We also have available 14KM mercators composites for bands 3, 9,
10-12, 15,
and 17 which could be distributed as well. These are 400x800,
one-byte.

We would supply you with appropriate mcidas CAL modules with each
of these that we have (for example, I don't think there is one
for skin temperature).

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know,
just ask...

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (address@hidden)