19990215: GOES Sounder CAPE products (fwd)

>From: Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>

Tom,

>Don't know if you're aware of this stuff (assume you are), but also
>wondered how negotiations (?) went in getting this stuff distributed
>to the community.

Unfortunately, it didn't go very far.  The reason is most likely caused
by nobody on this end (probably me) continuing to push for the data.

>In the meetings I was in while in CO last week, it sounded like the
>WRH is going to want to use LDM to distribute the sounder products
>to their offices...sounds like a natural connection to me...

Yes, it does to me as well.  We have been talking with Deb M. about
CSU/CIRA ingecting some of their products into the IDD for Unidata sites.
We have talked about putting GOES fog products out, and Deb has told
us that it will be possible in principle.  I guess that it would be
a good idea for me to drop her a line to see how things are progressing
(or not) up there.

>> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:14:33 +0000
>> From: Scott Bachmeier <address@hidden>
>> To: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>> Subject: GOES Sounder CAPE products
>>

>> The Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
>> (CIMSS) is now posting GOES Sounder Derived Product Imagery (DPI)
>> of Convective Available Potential Energy (CAPE) to the CIMSS
>> Realtime GOES page at
>>
>>   http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/realtime/realtime.html
>>
>> Hourly GIF images from the past 24 hours are available, as well as
>> an animation (in FLI format) of the past 24 hour period.
>>
>> We invite you and your forecast staff to begin using and evaluating
>> these CAPE products. We welcome any feedback regarding this or
>> any other GOES sounder derived products available on the CIMSS
>> Realtime GOES page.
>>
>> In addition, we have also initiated a GOES Sounder FAQ:
>>
>>   http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/sounder/sounderFAQ.html
>>
>> Additional questions are encouraged...
>>
>> -Scott
>>
>> --
>> Scott Bachmeier     University of Wisconsin - Madison | SSEC | CIMSS
>> mailto:address@hidden  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~scottb

Talk to you later...

Tom