UWAMRC crash...patching back up...

To keep you informed, we have our backup workstation currently operating
as the backup and primary workstation for processing Antarctic data for
the AMRC.  This includes the AMRC's web site, anonymous ftp and McIDAS
processing.  You should be able to access our web and ftp at the
usual address: uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu

Only the 12 UTC composite was not available for the UNIDATA IDD.  Otherwise,
all other Antarctica data has been collected and made available.

Unfortunately, this backup workstation is missing data before 15 UTC on
4 Feb 1999.  Also, several functions of the AMRC web site will not
be available, including the Antarctic composite/MRF movies and McWeb.

We are continuing to work to patch up our backup workstation, while
our primary workstation is being fixed up.

If anyone has any concerns, or runs into any problems, please feel free to
contact me.

Matthew

AMRC
OO-202-0

P.S.  Sorry for not having notified the support folks at UNIDATA with the
original notice - you got lost in the shuffle.

Matthew Lazzara - Meteorologist - Antarctic Meteorology Research Center
Space Science and Engineering Center        E-mail: address@hidden
University of Wisconsin-Madison             Phone: (608) 262-0436
1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706  Fax: (608) 263-6738