20021119: UCAR/COMET & NWS/OM Case Studies

Hi Bob,

Yes and no...

The data is generally the same barring some format issues.

The UCAR/COMET cases are best handled with GEMPAK as some data is
delivered in that format, the rest is generally native i.e. nids, AREA
files, grib, which are all handled nicely via GEMPAK. The NWS/OM cases
will cover the same time frame, but will be in AWIPS netCDF format. So
with some "X" to netCDF decoders, such as our gribtonc, these cases can be
manipulated to be viewed on either platform. The WES software is exclusive
currently to the HP's run at the NWS.

Please let me know if I can help any further,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690