Re: 20020506: COMET case #37: Tropical Storm Allison data dcgrib2

Subject: COMET case #37: Tropical Storm Allison data

Hi Sarah,

Yes it is quite confusing the way CODIAC "uniqely names" files...

Fortunatley, dcgrib2 is smart enough to figure them out.

I would suggest "cat" ing the files and passing them through dcgrib2.

i.e. for an eta 211 grid:

cat us008_gf084_01091000_YxQCx | dcgrib2 -v 1 YYYYMMDDHH_eta211.gem

They should then have the proper naming convention for GEMPAK use.

Thank you,

-Jeff