Re: comet tape

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties with the tapes. Sometimes magnetic tape
is not the most reliable medium for data exchange, we are exploring CD and
DVD options. I would like to remind you that ALL of the datasets are
available via ftp on an individual basis, the tape is a nice way to save
time and get the complete dataset, but if it is not working for us, there
is always the ftp option.

For Hurricane Floyd (COMET Case ccs020), the url is:

http://www.joss.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/codiac/ds_proj?COMET_CASE_020

From here select the dataset you desire and where you want it sent, or you
can pick it up via anonymous ftp whichever you prefer. After completing
the form and including your e-mail address the data should be sent or made
availble for you to retrieve.

PLease let me know if you have any difficulties, we strive to make this a
easy process.

Thank you for using the COMET Case Study Library,

-Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata/NWS-COMET Case Study Library
University Corp for Atmospheric Research

address@hidden
PH:303-497-8676
URL--http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/jweber