Re: Archived Data Available for NWS Research Projects

Bernard,

Here is a brief description of archive and our method for filling
requests:

The COMET Data Archive was established in Nov 96 to support development of
case studies for the COMET classroom, module development, and the COMET
Case Study Library. We also fill requests from NWS offices to
support local training and research. Please email requests to:
address@hidden

Requests go to Dolores Kiessling and Liz Page and are normally filled
within 1-2 days. We either make the data available on our anonymous ftp
site, or we send large orders by FedEx on 8mm tape.

To access the data from our anonymous ftp site:
        ftp casedata.comet.ucar.edu
        login:  anonymous
        password: your_email
        cd pub/your_firstname
        mget *
        bye

Liz
Elizabeth Mulvihill Page                address@hidden
NWS/OM Case Study Meteorologist
UCAR/COMET, PO Box 3000                     (303) 497 - 8369
Boulder, CO  80307-3000                 FAX (303) 497 - 8491