Re:19990721: COMET case study tar files

>Date:19990723
>Organization:NOAA
>Keywords:199907211628.KAA25831 COMET case study tar files

Hello Greg,

It is curious that the README and install files untarred while the data
did not. Since you were successful with those two files it appears as if
your device is operating properly, even in the medium density command
realm. I fear the tape may have been corrupted in transfer (magnets, heat
etc.) I propose we send you another tape. Are you under strict time
constraints for this data? The postal time should be 2-4 days. If there
are particular datasets you would like to get to in the interim, you can
download them individually from our website. I know this is not the
preferrred method, especially when the entire case is desired, but it may
help you until the new tape arrives. Should we send it to:

465 Weathervane
Calera, AL
35040-5427

Sorry about the difficulties,