19990505: Obtaining recent data (SOO/SAC case study)

 > To: address@hidden,
 > To: address@hidden
 > Subject: Obtaining recent data

Hi Paul,

Paul Wolyn writes:

 > Do you archive recent data?  I would like to get data from April 28,
 > 1999 through May 2, 1999 to study the heavy rain and flooding situation
 > in southeast Colorado.   8mm tape of grib data, satellite, radar, etc in
 > a form useable on garp, ntrans, nsat, etc. is very much preferred.  I'll
 > be in the office on Thursday, May 6.

Unidata does not but COMET does archive data.  It is not an
operational archive so there may be some holes in the data.  The best
way to request data from that archive is to send an email to

    address@hidden

If there are any holes in the data, you might try the Unidata
Community maillist

    address@hidden

I believe you can't mail to needdata unless you are a subscriber.  To
subscribe, take a look at our maillist web page at

 > Thanks,
 > Paul Wolyn
 > SOO Pueblo, CO
 > (719) 948-9429 x766

Good luck,

Ethan
address@hidden

--
Ethan R. Davis                       Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                    Fax:       (303) 497-8690